ABOVE Following the Evangelism Masterclass at Mt. Pisgah AME (l-r) Evangelist Bernadine Devose-Walls, Archbishop MaryFloyd Palmer and Rev. Jay Broadnax, Pastor.
Bishop Isaac Hall, Pastor of Lighthouse Christ Centered Church recentlywelcomed the EVANGELISM MASTERCLASS Team (l) Archbishop Mary Floyd Palmer and (r) Dr. John Thompson at the Augusta International Airport in Georgia at the start of a 3 day training weekend! What a gracious host and awesome conference! Good reports are still coming in!
Archbishop Mary Floyd Palmer shown above addressing the audience assembled at Jamaica's National Day of Prayer in Kingston, JA in 2019.
Archbishop Mary Floyd Palmer, also affectionately known as Bishop Mary, is the eldest daughter of the late Rev. Dr. Melvin & Elizabeth) Floyd, one of Philadelphia’s legends best known for his impactful street ministry of stopping violence and leading 250,000+ souls to Christ. This accomplishment made him best known as the “Dean of Evangelism” in the faith community and forever recognized by his van with the coffin affixed on top. A family woman who resides in Germantown, she is a mother of five adult children, grandmother of seven and brand new great-grandmother of Isaiah, Jr. (1/10/21). A proud 1980 Suma Cum Laude graduate of the prestigious Philadelphia High School For Girls exemplifies her academic achievements to include a conferred Doctor of Ministry (2016) and Ph.D. in Humane Letters (2020). Additionally, she is a certified International Chaplain through CICA (Canadian International Chaplaincy Association).
Being born into a family where “grass roots evangelism” was the family mantle, Bishop Mary has been actively involved with ministry since the age of three singing in the children’s choir. She has served in every position of the Church since the age of 12. A multi-instrument Musician, Choral Instructor, Gospel Singer and Worship Leader, Bishop Mary has a passion for music where her gift served well in varied capacities with local community choirs and famed Directors to include Bernard Pinder, Rev. Ernest Davis, Carol Antrom, David Winslow and Daren Miller. Presently, she is the Director of the MET Community Choir of the restored MET Philadelphia Opera House. In 2004, her Father/Pastor licensed and ordained her as a gospel preacher. Five years later, Bishop Mary was consecrated and ordained to the Holy Episcopal Office of Bishop in 2009; and most recently, as Archbishop in 2019, making her historic as the first female Archbishop in the City of Philadelphia and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Celebrations and honors were held by Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney & City Council; nationally in New York & Georgia; and internationally, in Montego Bay & Kingston, Jamaica, Paris, France and London, England.
Her public and private sector service is in law enforcement as a Police Officer and Corporate Training Officer; as a weekly volunteer Instructor for male inmates at SCI-Chester since its opening in 1998; and as a sworn Deputy Sheriff Clergy to Philadelphia Sheriff Rochelle Bilal (2020). In 2013, her friend and local broadcasting personality Thera Martin, challenged her to debut her radio show, The Bishop Mary Show on WURD. Years later, she joined Spiritual Connect Radio where she was recognized and received the highest awards in excellence; and most recently, as the former On Air Personality & Mid-Day Host on Philly’s Favor 100.7FM. She re-launched her one-hour talk show on WWDB 860AM on March 1, 2021.
Bishop Mary’s public & private sector service:
- Founder, Bishop Mary Ministries (2011): an evangelistic outreach ministry that has led over 3,500 souls to Jesus Christ
- Founder, The Samaritan Temple (2011-2019): a grassroots church ministry birthed in North Philadelphia in partnership with Young Scholars Schools and Project Home;
- Founder, Community Healing Project 4All, Inc. (2018): a community group tasked with helping our neighbors, one at a time (Facebook: @Community Healing Campaign)
- President, Philadelphia Council of Clergy, Inc. (2019)/ Presider, College of Bishops
- Overseer, Heavenly Hall Church ( 2019): unifying two Churches as One
- Parliamentarian/Chaplain, National Congress of Black Women, Philadelphia Chapter: National organization founded by Shirley Chisolm and C. Delores Tucker
- Board Member, Mayor’s Commission on Faith-Based and Interfaith Affairs: a multi-cultural, multi-denominational group of faith leaders
- Board Member, Alliance For Progress Charter School: First Charter School in North Philadelphia
- Centennial Honorary Member, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated (2020)--“A Finer Woman”-- one of the Divine 9 Black Greek organizations worldwide
- Member, PA Re-Entry Council, Attorney General’s Office
- Member, Governor Wolf’s Think Tank & Task Force on Trauma (2020)
- Deputy Chief Governor, NE Affairs USA, International Consulting Cabinet, United Nations
- Board Member, Ruth Sisters Fellowship International
Bishop Mary has received over 50+ honors and awards from government, corporate, civic, law enforcement, community and religious organizations for her consistent leadership and work spanning 45+ years. Bishop Mary has served faithfully in Ministry over 50+ years, is a well-versed, well-trained, yet humble and approachable Lady, ready to serve at any time. Her Ministry verse is Philippians 1:6 and I Cor. 15:58 (paraphrased): “God does not begin anything in you that He doesn’t equip and anoint you to complete in Him. Therefore, remain steadfast--no matter what!” A world traveler, auspicious communicator, and sought after speaker, you can hear her Award-winning 'Bishop Mary Show' of the Beasley Media Group at any time on the Bishop Mary Podcast at www.BishopMary.com.
For scheduling, appearances or bookings, email at Prelate.PCCGlobal@gmail.com or by calling 833-722-4748.